Current status: Open
Who's it for: 2020 graduates from Falmouth University who enrol on one of two postgraduate courses:
About the RealWORKS Award
The £6,400 RealWORKS Award is designed to support our 2020 graduates in undertaking a master's degree by reducing the tuition fees to £4,500 (which includes the 25% Graduate Loyalty Discount) on two of our online master's courses.
The two courses linked to this award in 2021 are:
This award will support our 2020 graduates and put them in a stronger position for graduate level jobs after the global pandemic. There are up to 40 awards (worth £6,400 each) available in the 2021/22 academic year. This makes the cost of these master's degrees a total of £4,500 for successful applicants, reduced from the standard full fee amount of £11,300.
Eligible students are normally able to apply for student finance of up to £11,222 to support fees and living costs (see the GOV.UK website for full T&Cs). These courses are designed to accept a wide range of applicants from Falmouth undergraduate courses.
- Students who have graduated from a Falmouth University undergraduate degree in 2020– either through Falmouth University or validated by Falmouth University through one of our partner organisations*
- UK domiciled students
- Only applicants who meet all the normal academic admissions criteria for the relevant full master's courses at Falmouth University will be considered
- Applicants who already hold a postgraduate qualification (from any institution) will not be considered
- Only new entrants to postgraduate study will be considered. Currently enrolled or intermitting or withdrawn postgraduate students will not be considered
- Applicants currently engaged in further-study at any institution will not be considered
- Applicants must commence their studies in academic year 2021/22
*Students who studied with our partner institutions (linked above) for any other qualification will not be considered. This includes students who (only) completed the Foundation Diploma; a postgraduate qualification or undergraduate degree which was not validated by Falmouth University.
If we receive in excess of 40 applicants, priority will be given to students who traditionally have higher barriers to employment:
- Students who are from the first generation in their family to attend university
- Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) students
- From an area that has low participation in higher education (POLAR Q1-2 / IMD Q1-2)
- Disabled students (including specific learning difficulties)
- Carers and care leavers
How to apply
1. You should apply for the course(s) in the normal way
2. You don't need to wait to be accepted on your course to start to apply for a RealWORKS Award. There is a form to complete, to apply for the award which you can start straight away:
3. The form asks several questions that support the application, including your job title (if working) which will be used to determine 'level' of work
4. The form needs to be completed by 23:59 on 8 August 2021
5. Applicants will be informed of the outcome by 13 August 2021
6. If you are successful in receiving an Award, you will need to ensure you have paid your acceptance fee by 1 September 2021 in order to receive it.
Where the numbers of eligible applicants exceed the number of scholarships available (40), students from those backgrounds who traditionally have higher barriers into graduate-level work (listed in Applicant Criteria) will take priority, those with multiple barriers will be given a higher priority. The RealWORKS team will award the scholarships based on the answers provided in the form, cross-referenced with existing student data.
How the RealWORKS Award will be awarded
The RealWORKS Award will be awarded based on the information provided in the application form, cross-referenced with our student records.
Applicants will be made aware of the result of their award application after the deadline has passed.
The RealWORKS Award will be deducted from the fee instalments at each payment instalment, or from the initial payment if the fee is being paid in full.
The award will be withdrawn if, for whatever reason, the full remaining balance of annual tuition fees are not paid. For example, if a student withdraws mid-year.
Successful applicants, who then choose to defer to a later year, will lose their offer of an award.
Terms and conditions
Applicants need to have applied for their chosen course and have completed the RealWORKS Award application form by 8 August 2021 to be considered for the award. This will be checked by the RealWORKS team and Admissions teams.
- Decisions by the University are final
- Award includes the Graduate Loyalty Discount
- Successful award recipients cannot add additional discounts. This award includes or supersedes any other discounts, scholarships or awards
Our RealWORKS team are happy to answer any questions you have. You can either submit our online form or email us.
Online or on-campus, you'll build your networks and expand your horizons in an environment of open i...
Marketing and Digital Communications MA (Online)
Become a master strategist and innovative creator. Immerse yourself in the ever-evolving landscape o...
User Experience Design MA (Online)
Learn how to apply key principles of user-centered design to create original work based on your own ...
Find out all about your options for postgraduate funding for UK students.
Postgraduate Tuition Fees
Tuition fees and payment information for our postgraduate courses.