Post Production & Visual Effects BA(Hons)
Kick-start a successful career in post production and visual effects (VFX).
Study on this exciting industry-focused course that covers all aspects of post production and visual effects (VFX) for animation, film and TV.
The degree has been designed in conjunction with leaders in the thriving global post production and VFX sectors and is delivered by a team with extensive industry experience in professional-standard facilities. You’ll develop high-level skills and graduate with professionally recognised qualifications to help you step into a role in post production.
This course will refine your skills in picture editing, colour grading, compositing, visual effects, rotoscoping, visible and invisible effects, digital imaging techniques, sound design and audio mixing, all while being supported by industry-experienced professionals. We encourage students to experiment; to think creatively, be innovative and collaborate with other disciplines and industry professionals.
You’ll graduate from this degree with excellent all-round skills and experience using Avid Media Composer and Pro Tools – two industry-standard programmes - designed to elevate you above other graduates.
Unlike other courses, this course can also enable you to graduate as a recognised Avid Operator by passing optional exams.
- Gain intensive, hands-on technical and craft experience of image and audio post-production equipment, workflows and software.
- Gain recognised industry software certifications as part of the course, giving you the edge over your peers.
- Participate in the production of one of our in-house feature film productions through SICL (Sound Image Cinema Lab). This presents a unique opportunity for you to work on a film and gain an IMDB credit.
- Engage in our weekly InTo Industry programme of guest speakers and alumni - learn directly from leading practitioners and connect with our extensive global alumni, helping you to build your network from day one. Recent guests have included Nikki Atkinson (Pre-vis/Post-vis, The Matrix Resurrections, Post-vis, Rogue One: A Star Wars Story), Mark Connell (Production Designer, Radiohead: Follow Me Around and The Chemical Brothers: We’ve Got To Try) and Graham Wild (Dubbing Mixer, Our Planet, Blue Planet II and Planet Earth II).
- Benefit from our industry links including Adobe, Avid and Blackmagic Design and numerous UK-based and international post houses and VFX studios including Framestore, ILM, Envy amongst many others.
- Have the chance to work for our in-house creative agency on live briefs, earning money while you learn.
The Integrated Foundation Year pathway for this course is new for entry year 2023 and is subject to validation.
Discover how to create everything from high-end dramas with full scale crews through to fast moving ...
Immerse yourself in the world of film, where time, space, form and creative ideas translate into mea...
Bring your ideas to life through the world of animation. We’ll support you in developing original,...