Incoming Study Abroad Students
We welcome incoming applications from students enrolled at our European and international partner institutions. We're delighted that you're considering Falmouth as your Study Abroad destination.
Incoming exchange student FAQs
Our unspoilt coastal location and impressive reputation within the creative industries sets Falmouth apart from other universities across the country. Falmouth is alive with creative thinkers, state-of-the-art facilities and connections to the best in the business.
Here are some of the ways we can support you in making the most of your time at Falmouth:
- Our Student Mentor Scheme will match you with a student on your course, helping you to settle into Falmouth life.
- Free English language courses are available, with additional support in academic essay writing, UK working culture, and personal wellbeing.
- A welcome orientation organised by the RealWORKS team, which provides a fantastic introduction to your new university and town.
- September airport pick-ups for first semester students. See the Airport Collection service for further information.
- Over one hundred student societies you can join to explore a new hobby or sport and meet like-minded individuals.
Falmouth University is made up of two campuses. Our Falmouth Campus is nestled within a sprawling sub-tropical garden five minutes walk from Gyllyngvase beach; while the Penryn Campus includes state-of-the-art facilities and AMATA, our purpose built performance venue.
You have the opportunity to complete one or two semesters at Falmouth on one of our exciting undergraduate or postgraduate courses.
If you wish to apply for an exchange at BA level, you will be placed in Year 2 (Level 2). For module information, please send us an email with the name of the course you're interested in studying and we'll send you an award map, including module names and their value in credits.
Our specialist course framework means that you can only study modules within your chosen subject, which is usually part of the attraction for incoming students.
Our courses award ECTS credits, although you may encounter the term CATS on our website or university award maps. In the UK, CATS are the equivalent of ECTS and their value is twice that of ECTS (eg. 60 CATS = 30 ECTS).
The UK grading/assessment system might also differ from that of your home country.
For semester dates, take a look at our Academic Calendar
How do I apply?
To apply for a Study Abroad exchange you'll need to:
- Be nominated by your home university. Check with the RealWORKS team.
- Complete the online application form before the deadline. A link to the online application form will be sent to you after nomination.
There are two deadlines to apply for an exchange:
|First semester (September - January)||1 May|
|Second semester (January - June)||31 October|
Nominations are due two weeks prior to application deadlines.
You'll need the following information:
- Learning Agreement – Sign by course leader
- Portfolio - URL links only. (Please do not email portfolios)
- Personal Statement
- Academic transcript of Records (English)
- Higher education Proof of English knowledge (B2 equivalent)
- Copy of your ID
- 4.5 x 3.5cm colour identity photo (max 4MB)
What happens after I've been accepted?
If you've been officially accepted onto a Falmouth programme, congratulations! We look forward to welcoming you! Here are a few things you'll want to prepare for your upcoming exchange.
We'll put you in touch with our accommodation team to support you in your search for a home in Falmouth or Penryn. Unfortunately, we're unable to guarantee on-campus housing for incoming exchange students, although there are still options within the private sector. Visit the accommodation pages to find out more.
Student mentors and welcome orientation
Look out for an email from your student mentor, as they'll get in touch with you a few weeks before your arrival. For dates of your welcome orientation, please refer to your acceptance email.
For details on student ID cards, enrolling and accessing your online portal, see our How to Enrol page.
If you wish to apply for a transfer to finish your degree at Falmouth, please note that there is a minimum admissions requirement of 120 CATS / 60 ECTS achieved during your first year at your home university.
If you have any questions, please contact the RealWORKS team:
Incoming Exchange Students: How to Enrol
If you’ve been accepted for an exchange to Falmouth, find out how to enrol and access your online ...
English Language Classes
Join other international students at these free term-time classes on both campuses.
Airport Collection Service
Every September we offer an airport collection service from Heathrow airport in London
Ask a Student
Our students and staff are here to tell you all about life at Falmouth. From settling in and studyin...
Inspiring natural beauty, a vibrant programme of cultural events and a bustling students union. ...