Learn through making on this RIBA and ARB Part 1 accredited course.
While supported by practising professionals, you’ll define your own agenda within a broad architectural context. You’ll work on live briefs in a studio environment to hone your design skills and gain hands-on experience of building real architectural projects.
You’ll discover how to design specifically for unique places, in harmony with challenging locations and in response to environmental issues. As you work, you’ll gain valuable industry skills in preparation to launch a successful career.
- Explore environmental solutions through radical design challenges and proposals, working without concrete, petrochemical-derived insulation materials and non-renewable energy sources to heat and cool buildings
- Learn in a collaborative, studio based environment that reflects real-life workspaces
- Have the opportunity to gain valuable experience through a professional placement
- Work on socially engaged live-build projects for clients such as the Eden Project and the National Trust
- Attend guest lectures from specialists across the industry
- Access excellent technical facilities to explore your design projects through a range of analogue and digital fabrication processes
The course is ARB part 1 prescribed and RIBA part 1 validated.
Interior Architecture BA(Hons)
Uncover the impact and potential of the spaces in which we work, rest and play, on this future-focus...
Architectural Design & Technology BSc(Hons)
Learn to integrate design, construction technology, building engineering and construction management...
Graphic Design BA(Hons)
With an emphasis on design thinking and crafting big ideas beautifully, this Graphic Design degree i...
Interior Design BA(Hons)
Delve into the world of built spaces, interior environments and the people who inhabit them. Through...
Textile Design BA(Hons)
On our textile design degree, you’ll be part of a vibrant, supportive community of multidisciplina...
Sustainable Product Design BA(Hons)
Become a conscientious and innovative product designer with the professional practice skills to make...